Monday, December 8, 2008

Are the Sabres for Sale?

WGR is reporting today that the Sabres are possibly for sale and that there are a couple of interested parties but no names were released.

Does this concern me, sort of. I would like to see the Sabres stay in Buffalo just as I would like to see the Bills stay here as well. They were one of the main reasons why I stayed in the area. I won't hit the panic button until names are confirmed yet.

Hat tip to Shots off the Crossbar for the article.

EDIT: Just as I posted this, another article just popped up with Quinn's response:

"We are not in negotiations to sell the team and as we have stated in the past, we will never entertain discussions to move the team out of Buffalo, NY."

Can I take him for his word, most likely. I don't see any reason why the Sabres would move out of Buffalo.

No comments:

Post a Comment