Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Playoff Previews

I was going to write this really long and fluent post on all of the playoff matchups in both conferences. But honestly, I am sick of reading them already and frankly you probably are too. Therefore, all I am going to do is list the playoff schedules and just give you my picks. From there, I will do game reviews of the games each night and if I have caught the game, give my opinion.

Eastern Conference

(1) Montreal Canadians vs. (8) Boston Bruins

Thursday - 7pm
Saturday - 7pm
Sunday - 7pm
April 15 - 7pm
April 17 - 7pm*
April 19 - TBD*
April 21 - TBD*

Considering that both teams play in the Northeast Division and that I generally dislike both teams, I guess I don't have a rooting interest here. The Canadians should win pretty easily but the return of Patrice Bergeron could give the Bruins a spark to win one. Canadians in 5.

(2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (7) Ottawa Senators

Wednesday - 7pm
Friday - 7pm
April 14 - 7pm
April 16 - 7pm
April 19 - TBD*
April 20 - TBD*
April 22 - TBD*

This one is pretty easy because while I don't like the Penguins, I hate the Senators. So watching the Senators go down in a heap of flames would be great to see. Penguins in 6

(3) Washington Capitals vs. (6) Philadelphia Flyers


Friday - 7pm
Sunday - 2pm
April 15 - 7pm
April 17 - 7pm
April 19 - 1pm*
April 21 - TBD*
April 22 - TBD*

The prodigal star finally gets his chance to shine in the playoffs and it should really be fun to watch. I really want to see the Capitals succeed and do well. Capitals in 6.

(4) New Jersey Devils vs. (5) New York Rangers

Wednesday - 7pm
Friday - 7pm
Sunday - 7pm
April 16 - 7pm
April 18 - 7:30pm*
April 20 - TBD*
April 22 - TBD*

Probably the longest and most drawn out series of the playoffs, this one should just be a joy to watch. A despised Rangers team versus a trap loving Devils. Honestly, I hope it ends quickly. Devils in 4.

Western Conference

(1) Detroit Red Wings vs. (8) Nashville Predators

Thursday - 7pm
Saturday - 2pm
April 14 - TBD
April 16 - TBD
April 18 - 7:30 pm*
April 20 - 3:30 pm*
April 22 - TBD*

The Red Wings basically cruised the last couple of weeks in the playoffs with nothing really to play for. The last time they won the President's Trophy, they lost in the first round to the eventual finalists Edmonton Oilers. I think it can happen again. Predators in 7.

(2) San Jose Sharks vs. (7) Calgary Flames


Wednesday - 10pm
Thursday - 10pm
Sunday - 10pm
April 15 - 10pm
April 17 - 10pm*
April 20 - TBD*
April 22 - TBD*

I will admit it, I like the Sharks. They are the team in the Western Conference that I can quietly root for and not feel bad about it because they really never meet the Sabres. I still like them even with the addition of Brian Campbell and I don't think I can wish ill will on a team that has a mascot like this. Sharks in 5.

(3) Minnesota Wild vs. (6) Colorado Avalanche

Wednesday - 9pm
Friday - 9pm
April 14 - 10pm
April 15 - 10pm
April 17 - 9pm*
April 19 - TBD*
April 22 - TBD*

This should be another barn burner of a series in that both teams don't play a high octane play of offense. The curse of Peter Forsberg is going to hurt the Avalanche so therefore Wild in 5.

(4)Dallas Stars vs. (5)Anaheim Ducks

Thursday - 10pm
Saturday - 10pm
April 15 - 8:30pm
April 17 - 8pm
April 18 - 10pm*
April 20 - TBD*
April 22 - TBD*

I really can't stand the Ducks. I really can't stand the Stars. I have no real rooting interest and could care less who wins. Stars in 6.

*if necessary

No comments:

Post a Comment