Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sean Avery Answers Your Fashion Questions


Since we are mainly a sports blog, it is nice to be able to inject a little class into this blog. Since I am probably as fashionable as Harold Green, we have found the solution to your fashion problems. Here is Sean Avery answering some of the tough questions.

In this cash-strapped period, who or what are the best "bang for your buck" designers/labels?
-Stan

Yes, it's true that we are in a cash-strapped time in America, but you are always better spending more on quality clothes than buying the lower-end quality. I would say that Helmut Lang is your best choice for the best design and quality for your money. I am a big fan of this reformed label that has all the basics for a man’s wardrobe covered.

What should a normal person look for in a set of fall clothes without spending $500 on a shirt and $1,000 on a pair of pants?
-Terence

Fall is my favorite time of the year for clothes. My essential wardrobe this time of year is a flannel Woolwich vest, long-sleeve black Henley, and PRPS jeans, which I'm obsessed with right now. You can also take this look to a night look by switching your Chucks to black boots, throwing a scarf on and switching your flannel vest for a black one. You can do three different looks along this line all for under $1,000.

Watches -- what’s your favorite? Is the big-watch craze overdone?
-Eddie


If you’re a big baller and you can handle the heat, then step up to a Audemars Piguet. If you want to still be a cool kid, then get a Panerai with a rubber and leather band that can go to football practice or the Oscars.

Was your father a good dresser?
- Marcus


I keep getting asked about my inspiration for style. I can tell you that my dad is 10 out of 10, but has no fashion sense at all. Love you big guy!

What’s your take on the pink-shirt debate?
-Oliver


I really think that unless it’s an Easter-egg hunt, you should not ever wear a pink shirt.

It’s getting cold out and I want to find a nice scarf to wear with my black leather jacket. What style do you recommend, and how should I wear it so I don’t look like a total knob?
-Dave


The best scarves I have seen in stores the last two months are Gucci. They do three different plaids and "it's Gucci, son…"

Are there any good looks for facial hair right now? What would you recommend?
-Sam

Facial hair is still going strong. I am rocking a really red beard that looks like sh*t right now, but I feel fall/winter is the time to do it. I think women like a man with a beard because it reminds them of their dads.

Article from Askmen.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment